The postholder is an integral member of the Finance and Compliance Department and is expected to support the Accounts Supervisor in accounting, financial and compliance functions to process and produce accurate and timely information to adhere to strict reporting deadlines. Although this is a supporting role, the successful applicant should be able to work independently and is expected to be innovative in creating efficiencies within the Department. The main responsibilities are summarised as follows:
- The postholder’s main responsibility will be within the Accounts Receivable function to produce approximately 3000 detailed invoices per annum to support the Cayman Islands Aircraft Register and other aviation regulatory authorisations; keep client accounts current with payments from various sources and follow-up as needed on a daily basis.
- Data entry and analysis of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactions producing weekly and monthly reports in Excel;
- Preparation of authorisation and payment requests, using linked Adobe files, within the Accounts Payable function
- Preparation and maintenance of Excel spreadsheets and internal control records to support reconciliation and internal control reports between various databases.
- Analysis of travel and expense claims for rebilling to clients and payment to contractors
- Liaising with clients and vendors on receivables and payables
- Preparation of supporting reports for bank reconciliations in various currencies
- Organising electronic files and various other duties within the Finance and Compliance department.
Details of the job description may be obtained upon request.
Job Qualification, Experience & Skills
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree (or equivalent education) in a business related subject, accountancy preferred, and at least 3 years’ experience in accounting/bookkeeping. This is not an entry level position and successful applicant will be expected to have more than a basic knowledge of principles of accounting.
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting functions and significant experience in QuickBooks accounting software program and Microsoft applications in particular with creation of Excel spreadsheets.
- Must be able to work under time pressure to achieve established deadlines and be driven to continually improve productivity and performance.
- Must be able to maintain a professional relationship with vendors, clients and coworkers and ensure confidentiality of entrusted sensitive information.
- Should be highly organized and self-motivated with excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to work independently in a team atmosphere and be cognizant of the importance of this role within the team.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary range is CI$38,657 to CI$81,835 per annum and will commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include contributory pension, 18 working days’ vacation and health insurance.
In addition to the benefits package the CAACI also offers an attractive work environment in the dynamic and exciting aviation industry that is rewarding and fulfilling with learning opportunities and the ability for personal and professional growth. .
Closing date for applications is 30 November 2023 and should be sent to
Deputy Director General
Civil Aviation Authority of the Cayman Islands
205 Owen Roberts Drive
P.O. Box 10277
Grand Cayman KY1-1003
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.