The Civil Aviation Authority of the Cayman Islands is seeking to recruit an Accounts Officer in its Finance & Compliance Division
The postholder is an integral member of the Finance and Compliance Department and is expected to support the Accounts Supervisor in accounting, financial and compliance functions to process and produce accurate and timely information to adhere to strict reporting deadlines. Although this is a supporting role, the successful applicant should be able to work independently and is expected to be innovative in creating efficiencies within the Department. The responsibilities are summarised as follows:
- The postholder’s main responsibility will be within the Accounts Receivable function to produce detailed invoices for the Aircraft Register and Economic Regulatory Division; keep client accounts current with payments from various sources and follow up on a daily basis
- Data entry and analysis of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactions
- Preparation of authorisation and payment requests, using linked files, within the Accounts Payable function
- Preparation and maintenance of Excel spreadsheets and internal control records to support reconciliation and internal control reports between various databases.
- Analysis of complex travel and expense claims for rebilling to clients and payment to contractors
- Liaising with clients and vendors on receivables and payables
- Preparation of supporting reports for bank reconciliations in various currencies
- Organising electronic files and various other duties within the Finance and Compliance department.
Details of the job description can be found here.
Job Qualification, Experience & Skills
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree (or equivalent education) in a business related subject, accountancy preferred, and at least 3 years’ experience in accounting/bookkeeping. This is not an entry level position and successful applicant will be expected to have more than a basic knowledge of principles of accounting.
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting functions and significant experience in QuickBooks accounting software program and Microsoft applications in particular with creation of Excel spreadsheets.
- Must be able to work under time pressure to achieve established deadlines and be driven to continually improve productivity and performance.
- Must be able to maintain a professional relationship with vendors, clients and coworkers and ensure confidentiality of entrusted sensitive information.
- Should be highly organized and self-motivated with excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to work independently in a team atmosphere and be cognizant of the importance of this role within the team.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary range is CI$35,264.00 to CI$78,087 per annum and will commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include contributory pension, 18 working days’ vacation and health insurance.
In addition to the benefits package the CAACI also offers an attractive work environment in the dynamic and exciting aviation industry that is rewarding and fulfilling with learning opportunities and the ability for personal and professional growth.
Closing date for applications is 11 September 2020 and should be sent to
Civil Aviation Authority of the Cayman Islands
Unit 2, Grand Harbour
P. O. Box 10277
Grand Cayman KY1-1003
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.