ACCOUNTS OFFICER (TEMPORARY POST)
The Civil Aviation Authority of the Cayman Islands is seeking to recruit an Accounts Officer – Temp to provide clerical and administrative support to the Finance & Compliance Division as it relates to the production, maintenance, dissemination and recording of financial data on a temporary basis for about a 3 month period starting immediately.
The postholder’s main responsibility will be within the Accounts Receivable/Invoicing function to produce client invoices and keep client accounts current on a daily basis in the applicable databases. The postholder’s duties will also include data entry and analysis to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable sub-ledgers, spreadsheets and internal control records as well as preparing bank deposits, liaising with clients and vendors on billing and payments, filing, processing client information, and various other duties within the Finance and Compliance department.
The postholder is an integral part of the Finance and Compliance Department and is expected to support the Accounts Supervisor in all financial functions in processing and producing accurate and timely information and adhere to strict deadlines.
Details of the job description may be obtained upon request.
Job Qualification, Experience & Skills:
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a business related subject and at least 3 years’ experience in accounting/bookkeeping.
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting functions and significant experience with Excel spreadsheets, Word and accounting software programs, particularly QuickBooks.
- Must be able to work under time pressure to achieve established deadlines and be driven to continually improve productivity and performance.
- Must be able to maintain a professional relationship with vendors, clients and coworkers and ensure confidentiality of entrusted sensitive information.
- Should be highly organized and self-motivated with excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to work independently in a team atmosphere and be cognizant of the importance of this role within the team.
Starting hourly rate is CI$18.00
Seeking candidates available for an immediate start date.
Civil Aviation Authority of the Cayman Islands
Unit 2, Grand Harbour
P.O. Box 10277
Grand Cayman KY1-1003