The Civil Aviation Authority of the Cayman Islands is seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer in its Finance & Compliance Division.
The post holder will report to the Finance and Compliance Supervisor and assist in the provision of financial, accounting and KYC compliance services to the Cayman Islands Aircraft Register; liaise with Aircraft Register clients on registration and finance matters on a timely basis through various communication channels. The post holder will assist the Finance and Compliance Supervisor with ensuring that the functions, policies and procedures of the Finance and Compliance are properly adhered to. The main job responsibilities would be to review aircraft registration applications and assess ownership eligibility based on CIMA AML Guidelines and established CAACI compliance checklists and policies; liaising with the client for due diligence items and assist the Supervisor with making recommendations to the Director Finance and Compliance on completed applications. The post holder will be the main liaison with new clients to the Register to ensure new registrants are eligible and reputable. The postholder will be expected to develop and maintain a schedule of aircraft registration activity which would include registration, billing, service level agreements, aircraft mortgage registration, searches of the aircraft and mortgage register, export and deregistration.
The postholder will also be expected to assist with financial processes and reporting on compliance activity.
A full Job Description is available on request.
Job Qualification, Experience & Skills
- Tertiary certificate in Business (Bachelor’s degree would be an asset) or related field and at least 3 years’ experience in financial services (accounting and KYC compliance preferred)
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering Regulations and Guidelines. Certificates in AML Compliance would be an asset.
- Experience in creation of reports and schedules in Excel or other similar spreadsheet/data analysis programs from own concept.
- Highly organized, innovative and self-motivated to increase efficiencies in a work team with a view to achieving the corporate mission and objectives.
- Must demonstrate ability to meet deadlines and deliver effective and accurate reports and client service. Attention to detail is imperative.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently but also promote a strong teamwork ethic.
- The post holder must be computer literate with experience in all Microsoft Office applications with specialized knowledge in Excel spreadsheet and Word and a working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat. Experience with Quick Books or other accounting software would be an asset.
- The post holder must have strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate the appreciation of the importance of good customer service.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary range is CI$53,574 to CI$70,578 per annum and will commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include contributory pension, 18 working days’ vacation and robust health insurance.
In addition to the benefits package the CAACI also offers an attractive work environment in the dynamic and exciting aviation industry that is rewarding and fulfilling with learning opportunities and the ability for personal and professional growth.
Closing date for applications is 30 June 2022 and should be sent to:
Civil Aviation Authority of the Cayman Islands
205 Owen Roberts Drive
P. O. Box 10277
Grand Cayman KY1-1003
Caymanians, Permanent Residents, and those with the right to work need only apply.