To regulate the operational safety and continued airworthiness of aircraft on the Cayman Islands Aircraft Register in accordance with the Air Navigation (Overseas Territories) Order and the Overseas Territories Aviation Requirements, as amended. The post holder is responsible for the administrative management of inspectors and technical support staff associated with such activities.
The successful candidate must also be able to travel extensively on short notice as required.
Qualification and Terms of Reference
A Degree in Aviation Management plus 5 years’ experience in air transport, or a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the air transport industry. Must hold a current ICAO recognized Airline Transport Pilots License or a valid airframe and powerplant licence or equivalent.
Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with national/multinational regulations including USA Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), and Transport Canada Civil Aviation Regulations (CARs). Must be familiar with appropriate ICAO rules and regulations with specific emphasis on Annexes. 1, 6 & 8.
At least five years of senior management experience working in an aviation regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of the requirements for personnel licensing, training, and maintenance of competency of flight crews concerned with flight operations and aircraft maintenance personnel.
- Sound knowledge of related ICAO annexes, recommended practices, and related documentation with specific emphasis on Annexes 1, 6 & 8.
- Knowledge of legal responsibilities and administrative procedures for the issuance of documents under state of registry approval.
- Knowledge of certification methods of aircraft, maintenance facilities, and personnel
- Knowledge of air carrier auditing procedures.
- Knowledge of Aviation Law enforcement.
Detail Job Description can be view on www.caacayman.com
Salary & Benefits:
Salary range is CI$101,895 to CI$153,822 per annum and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include contributory pension, 25 working days’ vacation, and health insurance. In addition to the benefits package, the CAACI also offers a challenging and dynamic work environment that is rewarding and fulfilling.
Closing date for applications is 15 September 2021 and should be sent to:
Director-General of Civil Aviation
Civil Aviation Authority of the Cayman Islands
205 Owen Robert Drive
P. O. Box 10277
Grand Cayman KY1-1003
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.