FLIGHT OPERATIONS INSPECTOR (Grand Cayman)
The Civil Aviation Authority is seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced Flight Operations Inspector, who will provide specialist regulatory oversight for aircraft operations in the Cayman Islands, and to become an integral team member of the Air Safety Regulation Division.
- Analyze applications to ascertain eligibility of such applications for the issuance of certificates required for the operation of aircraft.
- Process applications for the issuance of an Air Operator’s Certificate (AOC) to ensure aircraft operations may be conducted safely and in accordance with the appropriate regulations.
- Regulate all air carrier flight operations in the Cayman Islands to ensure compliance with all safety requirements of the Air Navigation (Overseas Territories) Order and applicable international standards.
- Assess air operators’ flight training and checking programmes for compliance with the applicable standards.
- Conduct flight checks on flight crews for licensing purposes to ensure proficiency.
- Regulate general aviation to ensure safe flight operations.
- Advise on and assist the Director Air Safety Regulation with performing flight operations certification functions, including approval of operations manuals, crew training and checking programmes, minimum equipment lists and the issuance of operating certificates and/or specifications.
- Perform other related regulatory duties as may be required.
Substantial experience in the following areas:
- Civil Aviation Air Carrier Inspector (Flight Operations) or an Air Carrier Flight Operations Management or Supervisory position
- Knowledge of the requirements for personnel licensing, training, and maintenance of competency of flight crews concerned with flight operations
- Hold a current Airline Transport Pilot License on a B737 or equivalent size or larger CAT aircraft
- Current Instrument Rating (multi-engine)
- Aviation regulatory auditing experience
- Experience with Safety Management System (SMS) compliance requirements
- Experience in aviation regulatory
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary range is CI$80,696 to CI$132,935 per annum and will commensurate with experience
and qualifications. Benefits include 25 days’ paid vacation, contributory pension, and health insurance. In addition to the benefits package the CAACI also offers an attractive work environment in the dynamic and exciting aviation industry that is rewarding and fulfilling with learning opportunities and the ability for personal and professional growth. .
Closing date for application is 30 September 2019 and should be sent to:
Director-General Civil Aviation
Civil Aviation Authority of the Cayman Islands
Unit 2 Cayman Grand Harbour
P.O. Box 10277
Grand Cayman KY1-1003
Please ensure to submit application form found on the CAACI website.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.