MANAGER, TECHNICAL PROGRAMS AND REGULATORY INITIATIVES (Grand Cayman)
The Civil Aviation Authority is seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced candidate for the post of Manager, Technical Programs and Regulatory Initiatives to promote, develop and implement initiatives to support Cayman Islands registered aircraft operations whilst ensuring the Civil Aviation Authority of the Cayman Islands (CAACI) regulatory responsibilities for flight operations, airworthiness and aircraft certification are not compromised.
- Ensuring that the CAACI continues with and develops its standing in international aviation in the areas of private and commercial flight operations, aircraft certification, aircraft maintenance and airworthiness.
- Ensure that the aircraft industry regulated by the CAACI has ready access to developed, modern guidance material to support their obligations in demonstrating regulatory compliance to the AN (OT) O and OTARs in a manner that improves the efficiency of the CAACI regulatory resource.
- Under the direction of the Director-General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and Director Air Safety Regulation (DASR), represents the interests of the CAACI with ASSI, Foreign NAAs, Aviation Industry Groups and aircraft operators.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Flight Operations Inspectors, Airworthiness Surveyors and Technical Officers staff competencies in a manner that meets the objectives and values of the CAACI.
- Subject to the background of the post holder, undertake where necessary the functions of an Airworthiness Surveyor or a Flight Operations Inspector.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Significant experience as a Technical Manager with a National Aviation Authority along with demonstrated experience in project management.
Significant relevant work experience as a Safety Inspector working independently and in a leadership role in two or more of the following functional areas:
(a) Aircraft Maintenance;
(b) Aircraft Maintenance Quality Management;
(c) Continued Airworthiness Management;
(d) Flight Operations;
(e) Cabin Safety;
(f) Safety Management System Assessment and Oversight
The position requires the holder to hold or have held Technical Credentials (e.g. Aircraft Maintenance Engineer or Airline Transport Pilot) issued by an ICAO member state.
Additional technical qualifications in the areas of aircraft maintenance, continuing airworthiness of aircraft, Flight Crew Training, Flight Checking, Cabin Safety or Safety Management System Implementation/Training would be viewed as asset qualifications.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary range is CI$87,634 to CI$136,620 per annum and will commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include 25 days’ vacation, contributory pension, and health insurance.
In addition to our benefits package, we also offer training and educational opportunities, and a challenging and dynamic work environment that is rewarding and fulfilling.
Closing date for application is 28 June 2019 and should be sent to:
Director-General Civil Aviation
Civil Aviation Authority of the Cayman Islands
P.O. Box 10277
Grand Cayman KY1-1003