The Cayman Islands Government today announced confirmation of another positive COVID-19 test result bringing the number of positive confirmed cases in the Cayman Islands to six. In addition, directives were given for non-essential businesses to close and allow staff to remain at home – basically a shelter-in-place order via the Cabinet. Also, a mandated curfew with the hours of 7 pm to 6 am effective Tuesday, 24 March 2020 was put into effect until further notice.
In support of the efforts to stop the transmission of the virus through local communities, the CAACI office at Grand Harbour will be closed as of 5 pm today 23 March 2020 and will remain closed until further notice. Staff are however working remotely and have full access to email and through VP-C Online are resourced to service our valued clients and exercise regulatory oversight.
The following email contacts and mobile phones are available for your use:
- The Director-General, P. H. Richard Smith – Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aircraft Registry/aircraft safety oversight – DASR, Lindsay Cadenhead Lindsay.email@example.com
- Operating Permit requests including air ambulances – Elaine Whorms firstname.lastname@example.org or Nikki Mccoy, Deputy DGCA, Nikki.email@example.com
- Aerodrome issues – Alastair Robertson, DANSR Alastair.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human Resources – Yvonne Gray-Tomlinson email@example.com