The Civil Aviation Authority of Cayman Islands (CAACI) is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the CAACI Web site at caacayman.com and governs data collection and usage. By using the CAACI website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you. We collect the following type of data:
Contact Forms, Surveys, & Applications
CAACI may collect the following information when you fill out a contact form, survey, application or subscribe to our newsletter:
- Your Name
- Contact Information such as email address, phone number(s), etc.
- Payment data are necessary for us to process payments and implement fraud prevention measures, including credit/debit card numbers, security codes, etc.
- Business details such as company name, occupation, etc.
- Demographic Information such as address and postal code
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use this site. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
- Your behaviour on the website
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Com