Cayman Islands Safety Policy Statement
The Civil Aviation Authority of the Cayman Islands (CAACI) is committed to developing and implementing effective strategies, regulatory frameworks and processes to ensure that aviation activities for which it has oversight responsibilities achieve the highest practicable level of safety performance. To this end the CAACI shall:
- Define an Acceptable Level of Safety Performance (ALOSP) that the Authority will strive to achieve throughout its aviation system.
- Comply with all applicable national and international regulatory requirements.
- Deliver an effective oversight programme that meets the Cayman Islands obligations to international safety standards.
- Implement data driven performance-based regulation, that is visibly risk based.
- Proactively identify adverse risk trends within our aviation system and take action to mitigate them.
- Provide the necessary resources to support the development and effective implementation of the Cayman Islands State Safety Programme (SSP).
- Ensure the CAACI Safety Management procedures, and implemented regulation remains effective through continuous monitoring of key Safety Performance Indicators, safety initiatives, industry sector feedback, and from OTAA aviation Safety aggregates.
- Collaborate and consult with aviation industry sectors to foster and promote Just Culture, to regularly address safety matters in partnerships with an aim to continuously enhance aviation safety.
- Promote sound safety practices and a positive safety culture within the industry sectors based on established safety management principles.
- Encourage safety information collection, analysis and exchange within the aviation system with the sole purpose of improving aviation safety.
- Provide its staff with a safe working environment and equip them with proper skills, expertise and sufficient financial and human resources to discharge their safety oversight and management responsibilities competently.
P H Richard Smith MBE FRAeS
1st August 2022
Review Date: 31st July 2023