This page provides you with information and guidance on the approval process for various certificates:
- Certificate of Airworthiness Issue
- Certificate of Airworthiness Re Issue
- Certificate of Airworthiness Export
- Minor Design Change Approval
- Major Design Change Approval
- Repair Approvals
- Noise Certificates
For all of the above, the CAACI application forms are now embedded in the VP-C online portal. If you do not already have login credentials for a Cayman Islands registered aircraft and are looking to support or make an application, please either:
- Contact the Technical Coordinator (TC) for the aircraft (via Operator)
- Contact our Technical Administration Team: Taron Smith
Guidance on navigating the VP-C online portal can be found here.
Your reference to regulatory requirements for the above is, OTAR Parts 21 and 36 for Noise Certificates. Under the Quick Links section on the left you can find the applicable guidance documents (CIACs) supporting these applications, and the links to obtain controlled copies of OTARs.
- OTAR Part 21.81 Acceptance of Approved Data for design changes.
- OTAR Part 21.175 Aircraft Airworthiness Review (AAR), specified by the CAACI, however for aircraft to be registered in the Cayman Islands, where the previous State of registration is not EASA EU, Canada or United States of America, the AAR will be required to support the C of A issuance.
- Noise Certificate, for variable configurations.
- Permit to Fly Certificate application is located in the VP-C online portal under Flight Operations, however as there is often an airworthiness dependency, you will find guidance material on this page.