Commercial Flight Ops
Here you will find information and guidance on the approval process for various certificates. Some of this information is considered generic and common to all categories of operation such as the MEL. However in order to provide a single point of reference, you will find on this page, all of the required guidance, Cayman Islands Aviation Circulars (CIACs) for certificate issuance relating to Commercial Flight Operations. Dangerous Goods Approvals are catered for under the AOC application process:
- Air Operator’s Certificate
- Minimum Equipment List
- Designated Airspace Approval
- Electronic Flight Bag Approval
- Flight Operations Manual Approval
- Flight Crew Training Programme Approval
- Cabin Crew Training Programme Approval
- Permit to Fly Certificate
- Low Visibility Operations
- Steep Approach Approval
With the exception of the following: Air Operator’s Certificate Issuance, Flight Operations Manual Approval, Flight Crew Training Programme Approval, Cabin Crew Training Programme Approval, and Steep Approach Approval, please refer to the VP-C online portal for the applicable applications. Login credentials are assigned to the Post Holder(s) for Flight Operations.
Guidance on navigating the VP-C online portal can be found here.
Your reference to regulatory requirements for the above is, OTAR Parts 119, 121, 135, 91, and 92 as applicable. Under the Quick Links section on the left you can find the applicable guidance documents CIACs supporting these applications, and the links to obtain controlled copies of the OTARs, and specific ASSI OTACs.
- OTAR Part 119 details the structure of an Air Operator’s Certificate.
- To apply for an Air Operator’s Certificate, please contact the Director of Air Safety Regulation.
- Please be aware that Dangerous Goods will be a feature of an AOC, if it is not the intent to carry Dangerous Goods, as a minimum, a personnel training programme in Dangerous Goods Awareness will have to be established and approved.